Monday, September 24, 2007

I'll Follow Him in Faith

For those of you who don't know, I'll follow him in faith has been the primary theme for this year. I am happy to report that I survived my very first Sacrament meeting program. It may come as a shock to some of you but I have never been in primary until this past April. I teach the six year olds that are turning seven. It's a fun age but also a challenging one. I never knew all that went into preparing for a sacrament program. The kids were very happy that they were able to perform for their parents and now it's over for a whole year. Whew! I think the hardest part was learning all the songs. What ever happened to the good old songs? Children are now required to learn multiple songs with more than three verses each. We also had to learn one song in sign language. They sure expect alot from the kids. The best part of the whole thing was that I got to sit on the stand with my class while Dave struggled to keep Courtney quiet and happy.

2 comments:

lindsay said...

Candace... I totally know what you mean about the song thing... I was just put in as the Primary Choristor (yes, me, the one that is tone deaf and completely off pitch) It is so much work but it is sooo much fun! Can't wait to have the program over with though, Lucky you!!!

foreveryoung said...

I can not believe this is your first time in primary! You do know that once you're in you're in for life right? I'm going on 7 years with primary related callings...