Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I FLY

Last month, Dave had the opportunity to go indoor skydiving. For all of you who know Dave, it's not a surprise that this was not his first time. He has done it before and has also gone real skydiving. As for me, I could have gone also, but I don't think you could pay me to do it.
It was really funny. Dave had to take this little class that explained everything to you. We watched him through a glass door while he was in the class and he looked very bored. Then he got to put on this cool gear. I don't know who was more excited for Dave to do it, him or Courtney.
Dave was able to do it with his friend, Brad. I think it was alot more fun to do with another person that he knew. They took turns going in the wind tunnel. When they sat down to let the other have a turn, they were tons closer than us, and not behind the glass.
He was a little disappointed that the instructor stood so close to him and didn't give him, "room to do better tricks." I guess they thought he was a rookie.
Courtney said that she is big enough to do it and one of the guys working there said that they would let ages 3 and up try it. I decided it probably wouldn't be the best experience because in July, we went to a children's museum that let you be in a virtual tornado. She liked it at first, but when it got up to about 50 miles an hour, she started to scream. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Yea! I'm glad to finally get the Bollard family update :) This looks like fun, but I think I would have chickened out like you! Jason thought it was cool too, I think he and Dave were together for their first real sky diving.

foreveryoung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.