Wednesday, March 25, 2009

St. Patty's Day







We were lucky enough to have leprechauns visit our house on St. Patrick's Day. Courtney heard from a friend(thanks a lot Karinne) that leprechauns will leave candy in your shoes if the house is clean enough for them to get around. Courtney cleaned the whole house, and sure enough, leprechauns left candy, shamrocks, and even little poopoos at the house. Courtney was so worried about us that she set shoes out for Dave and I so that we wouldn't be left out. It was very cute. We were lucky to have the Young family visiting us, so they received gifts too. It was a great day. We started with green eggs and toast for breakfast and finished the day with green rice, chicken, kool-aid and some broccoli. We can't wait for next year!

9 comments:

kelly said...

i didnt do the green poop part - I LOVE THAT!

David and Brooke Gallagher said...

Great ideas! Looks like you had a lot of fun and some great food! I love that Courtney didn't leave Dave out!

foreveryoung said...

That was definately my kids' favorite St. Patty's day and I can't wait to do it again next year. Bummer we missed the green dinner too :) Thanks so much for letting us stay, we always have so much fun with you guys!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, you are SOO welcome! :) I love the pic of your shoes with gum in it! "Hey, the leprechaun gave you the same gum you have in your purse!" Classic smarty-pants-Courtney! Good job!

Mnisa said...

This was such a cute idea! Something I will for sure keep in mind for next year!!! You are so creative

The Sohm's said...

I better make sure my kids aren't talking to any kids on the street when ST. Patty's day comes around. Well I really should take lessons from all you on being a better mother and having fun holidays!!

Ness said...

OK. You are so creative! How cute is your family?
I blog stalked you. Sorry. But you are more than welcome to come to my family blog too. janessaben.blogspot.com
We need to have a get together. It's been almost 5 years since we all got together. Crazy huh? Courtney was brand new and I was barely prego with Jayben. Where does the time go?

Ashley said...

Cando! I am so glad you found me! Long time no see! How are you? What are you up to? I saw Janessa over the weekend at Kami's shower (did you know Kami?). Anyway, we talked about getting together sometime. It would be fun to see you! Are you on FB? If so, find me under Ashley Johnnson and send me your email or phone number!

Tristen said...

Sorry, I am crashing your blog. I love the St. Patrick's Day festivities! How fun! My green dinner didn't go over to well with my kids this year. I am definitely going to copy you and do something better like leprechan poop! How funny. LOVE IT!