Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Turkey Day!!

Being the smart person that I am, I took no pictures of our Thanksgiving. I knew it wouldn't be as fun to read without pictures but I had to do it anyway. Dave's entire family came to Utah for the holiday. It was so much fun. It's been awhile since we've all been together and it was a blast. I was so thankful to Wendy for teaching me how to make turkey and stuffing. Also, Courtney and Ali had so much fun playing together. Courtney and I had a conversation at bedtime one evening that went like this:
Courtney:Mom, I want Ali to stay for a hundred days.
Me:Don't you think Ali would miss her family?
Courtney:Ok, grandma can stay here too.
Me:Don't you think Ali would miss the rest of the family?
Courtney:Fine. Everyone can move into our house. That would be more fun.

We also did the Black Friday thing. I have always been a fan but am slowly converting the Bollard family. We went to the mall at midnight, stayed until 3:30, then hit Kohl's and ended up at Walmart. We got home around 7 in the morning. We got some good deals though. Our favorite was at Gymboree. They gave us our total, $116 or close to it, then said that we saved $167. That made us happy. And we know we got good deals at Kohl's.

Bob and Wendy were kind enough to watch the children on Saturday night so that the three couples could go out. We shopped, ate dinner at Olive Garden and went and saw Four Christmases. It was great to be together. A big thanks to the Bollard families for coming up and thanks to Megan for spending time with our family too.

We hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving and find yourselves with much to be thankful for at this time.

3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Being with family during the holidays makes it so much better--trust me, we've spent a few by ourselves and it's not that fun. You are hard core with the shopping, I didn't even know that the malls stayed open all night for black friday. Glad you guys had a great holiday!

auttelf said...

I am glad Im not the only one that forgets to take pics on holidays!

Tori said...

Black friday is the best! My sisters and I did the all night thing last year, it was so much fun!