Friday, July 04, 2008

A Very Pirate Birthday

A pirate ship that she plays with all the time. They attack her My Little Ponies.
She broke the pinata open and said it was her favorite part of the party.
Matthew taking a swing.
Picking up all the candy.
Do we look like pirates yet?
The great cake topper Dave made.
Making pirate swords and hats.
My little pirate.
Cousin, Brayden, as a pirate.
Opening presents.

Courtney was adamant about having a pirate birthday this year. I kept telling her no. I was dreaming of her friends coming dressed up like little princesses and giving jewelry out as party favors. I finally realized that she should have what she wants and I agreed to the pirate party. I got into after that. I made invitations for all of her friends and started buying everything pirate. The party really came together when I decided to go for a red and black theme. I got a treasure chest and filled it with everything pirate and had a treasure hunt. They also made pirate hats and swords. Of course, we had to have a pinata, which was a big hit. They also had hot dogs, strawberries, tator tots, cake and ice cream. Dave made the awesome treasure map to put on top of her cake. We also have to thank Grandma Bollard for coming and helping with the party and keeping Courtney entertained while I got everything ready. I think it was a great party but I can't believe my baby is four. I know that sounds so lame to say, but it's so true. When did she become this independent, opinionated little girl. She is already so giving and loving and I know she will only continue to become better and better and she grows up.

5 comments:

The Morris Fam said...

I love it. The party looks darling. I was thinking about doing a pirate birthday party for the boys next month. Your party turned out so cute. Do you have any ideas or tips for me? I can't believe you have a four year old. She sounds so grown up and like a sweet heart.

foreveryoung said...

Love it! I'm especially cracking up about the pirates attacking her Little Ponies. Jayden wants a pirate party too and I may have to copy some of your ideas, too cute! Happy b-day, Courtney!

auttelf said...

Looks like the party was way cute! What afun idea.

Angela Bollard said...

Joey got the same pirate ship for his birthday. Maybe they could hang out together and say piratey things like "Arrgghh!" and "Aye Aye"

Unknown said...

Thanks for inviting Brin. SHE LOVED IT! (And we all know she's a princess party kind of girl..) You went all out!!! You are the best mom. You did an amazing job and it was the hit of the neighborhood. I hope they all forget by October what a real party is supposed to be like...