Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snow much fun!

We have actually been enjoying the snow this season. I usually dread it and wish I lived somewhere warmer when we get snow, but this year has been different. Maybe it's because I have a daughter now old enough to enjoy the wonder of it. Maybe it's because my nieces and nephew were here and loved it.
I would have to say that it is probably because it has snowed on the weekends, when we can just stay inside by the fire, drinking hot chocolate, and spend time together as a family. I don't know who gets more excited to go out into the snow, Dave or Courtney.
Dave finds shoveling the snow relaxing. Relaxing? That would be the last word on the planet I would use for the task. Another great reason to snow on the weekend, Dave goes out to shovel. I remember endlessly shoveling snow last year and how much it hurt my back.
We do have some pretty high tech neighbors. Some have snowblowers and some even have four wheelers with plows on the front. It's pretty fun to wake up to them plowing the roads and sidewalks in the morning. Courtney also likes to help. Since she couldn't find another shovel, she used one of our spades to help her dad shovel. She likes to think she does more of the shoveling than Dave. Cute, isn't it?
All in all, it has really put us in the Christmas mood to have so much snow this time of year. We usually have to wait for it and don't end up getting any until January or February. It makes the streets and houses look pretty and bright.

2 comments:

lindsay said...

I agree with you about the snow... it really puts you in the Christmas spirit! I actually haven't minded it much this year as well!

Anonymous said...

Courtney is freaking adorable. Like I haven't told you that before...

Sorry our garage door was open, it would have made a better picture than looking at our crap.