Sunday, December 16, 2007

Let the baking begin

I was delighted to learn that this year I wouldn't have to do all the baking myself. Dave and Courtney were so excited to help me. I thought I had struck the lottery. I mean, for 5 years I have done everything on my own.
I thought it was going to be so great. Then Dave told my he just wanted to make cinnamon rolls for everyone. The best part about holiday baking is that you get to make such a wide variety of everything. Then I got to thinking, it will be much easier to stick with one item. Cinnamon rolls are soooo good anyway, people would love it.
Then we started the whole 4 hour process. At first the two were so excited to do whatever I asked, but I realized it was just faster to do it all myself. Then they got specific assignments, rolling the dough and adding the cinnamon and sugar.

Then they started to want to do other things, because it was taking forever. By that time, I desperately needed their help. It all came together though and our friends were able to enjoy a delicious treat. I had to put this picture up to remind anyone not living close enough to receive some, move closer! Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.

5 comments:

lindsay said...

those look yummy Candace... you are right, being your neighbor could have many benefits! happy holidays!

The Morris Fam said...

We'd move closer for those rolls... they look DE-lish! How nice to have helpers. Four hours for cinnamon rolls is a lot of work- it made me realize that my baking this season wasn't that big of a deal! Love you guys!

Tara

Brittany said...

Hi, Candace! We got your cute Christmas card and found out that you have a blog! I was excited to see you guys again! Cute blog! If you want to visit our blog, let me know your email and I'll give you an invite. I have made it a private blog-I'm not sure why-and so you have to have access! Let me know!

Brittany McGee

Sorry we didn't send you a Christmas card this year-didn't know your new address!!!:)

foreveryoung said...

As if I needed one more reason to want to live closer to you! They look so yummy and I'm impressed that you kept them in the kitchen helping for the full 4 hrs! Oh, and the snow...I do miss haivng a white Christmas and your vision of sipping hot chocolate by the fire was enough to make me want to give up my 70 degree weather!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I was told by a VERY trustworthy source that it was SOOO easy and only took 15 minutes! HAHAHAH!!! Dave cracks me up.

Oh, and P.S., I want more... they were very yummy.