Monday, January 19, 2009

Hard Work

Dave and I have been hard at work to get the rooms ready. As we head off to Indiana to get our new baby girl, I finally feel prepared. It started with Courtney wanting to do something to her room(why should the new baby get all the fun stuff). She decided she wanted to change rooms and to paint it pink. Dave wasn't a fan of the entire room being pink, so this is what we compromised on. I think it turned out great!






Then it was on to the nursery. Of course Dave didn't want pink in another room, so again, we compromised. We were going to do brown and pink alternating, but Dave decided it would look best all brown. After getting it painted and getting the molding up, I felt it still needed something. Dave was kind enough to paint the pink flowers all the way around the room. It looks fantastic! Thanks, honey, for all of your hard work. I made the bumpers and quilt(which is still being quilted), so hopefully it will be back soon so I can post that as well. Bring on the baby!

9 comments:

auttelf said...

I love both rooms they look so good. Especially the baby room. I had no idea you were adopting. That is so awesome for you guys. Congrats!

THE ORMES said...

Congratulations dood! Y'all look like you have lots of fun. This baby will be blessed to be in your family.

Tom

The Sohm's said...

It looks great! We can't wait to the the little girl!!

Mnisa said...

Both rooms look perfect! You've always had the creative touch! I love the brown. That is similar to the color I painted my room a few months ago. I like the richness and the pink off sets it just right :)

How exciting that things are so close; I bet the anticipation is grueling. Best wishes with everything!

-Mnisa

lindsay said...

YAY, YAY, YAY!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your little baby girl! Your girls rooms are darling!!!!

Audra Bollard said...

That is a lot of hard work, but it looks great! I especially love the molding in the nursery. Good luck with everything in the upcoming months. We are so excited for your new arrival!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Congrats you 3 soon to be 4! We are beyond excited for you. The rooms look amazing. You two are such wonderful parents and this baby is so blessed to come to your family.

The Morris Fam said...

Hurray! We are so excited for you!! The rooms are so amazing. I want a picture of the quilt close up. And we can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!

kelly said...

just want you to know that i miss you. cara and i were talking and wanted to see you when we could.... love you girl -