Monday, March 17, 2008

All grown up

Everytime Courtney does some new thing or gets to a new milestone, I feel like I have lost my little baby, but this one is a big one! Courtney has a favorite blanket that is basically in shambles. I have know we need to get rid of it but am terrified that she will go to pieces. So yesterday Dave says, "Courtney, we need to cut this up and throw it away." Courtney starts to scream, "No, no, no." Then she decides that she wants to throw it out. She gets the scissors and Dave cuts the blanket in half, giving her the worst side to throw out. After she throws it away, Dave gives her the other half and says, "Now you can have that until it's old." She just takes it and throws it away too. Are you kidding me? Of course, I saved the good piece in case she needs it but it's been a day now and she hasn't even asked for it. I knew this day would come, just not so soon. Ok, so she is almost four, but still. I am very proud of her for becoming such a big girl.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

foreveryoung said...

Sometimes I think that things like these are actually harder for us moms than it is for the kids! She is too cute and really is getting so big. Hopefully she doesn't go through withdrawls!

The Sohm's said...

Make sure you don't let Eric hear this story...he's been trying to make Camri get rid of her blanket.

Brittany said...

Good job, guys. That is so funny that she just threw it away like no big deal! Love it!

Jamie said...

You make sure you keep that for her to have when she is older. She will love to hear the story and see the blanket again.

Unknown said...

Okay, you KNOW I love Courtney, but...

I posted my first blog. Can you stand it?!? I feel sooo smart. See you Thursday!

The Morris Fam said...

Oh sad... I think I will cry when that happens. I got really sad when they transitioned out of their cribs.