Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baby Braces

We had the unfortunate experience last week of getting "baby braces" put on Courtney's top four teeth. Never have we had an emergency situation with her(which to those of you who know her, is amazing). She left to play at a friend's house and they ended up playing out in the snow(we got about 2 feet in less than 24 hours). The next thing I know, my neighbor(thanks Dave) brings her to my door and she is bleeding and crying. She hit her top teeth on the edge of a power converter box. One tooth was barely hanging there, so I pushed it back up into her gums. Dave was able to come home and take us to the dentist. Luckily for us, she was able to keep all of her teeth. They were very loose, so the dentist said it would be best to put a wire on the teeth to strengthen them. We have come to call them "baby braces". She will have them on for six weeks, then they will come off. I'm sure this will the first of many times, but we are grateful it all turned out alright.




6 comments:

lindsay said...

Oh, poor girl... She looks so teenager-ish with the braces!!! I love her smile in all of the pictures... what a cutie! I can't imagine how scared you were to see her like that right after it happened! Good to hear that everything turned out okay!

foreveryoung said...

How scary! Seeing your daughter crying and covered in blood is definately enough to freak you out. I'm glad she's okay and didn't lose any teeth! I love all the different pictures, she has the greatest expressions.

Jamie said...

What a trooper. What a scary thing for you too.

Tori said...

Poor Courtney! That must have been super scary. She still looks darling!

The Morris Fam said...

Yikes! That is my worst nightmare. I would've been scared to death. Her teeth look great with the braces. You can't even tell.

Brittany said...

Sadddddddd! Hope she's feeling better!