Saturday, June 02, 2007

Cooking Class!






Courtney loves to cook and bake with me. I have to admit that for a few years there(while she was a baby), I had forgotten how much I enjoy cooking and baking. Now that she is older and able to help, it's fun again. Thanks to her aunt Betsy, she is in possession of an easy bake oven. I don't know who named the thing but "easy" should not have been included. For those of you who don't know, everything is completely miniature. I bought a cake mix, as well as a cookie mix, hoping to let my daughter bake on her own. Little did I know that the pan you use to cook is about 5 inches in diameter, and you are supposed to bake three cookies in it at a time! It was way too frustrating for me but Courtney had a great time. We've put the easy bake oven away for now and I think we'll just use the regular oven, which is much easier for me.

3 comments:

The Morris Fam said...

That's too much fun. I loved using my easy bake oven as a kid- I'd make biscuits from Bisquick- it was simple- at least I thought so- maybe my mom didn't. You must have so much fun together.

foreveryoung said...

Ha! Ha! I know exactly what you mean! I thought we scored when we found an easy bake for $10 during the after Thanksgiving sales. I just didn't realize that each 1 oz serving mix cost like $5 each! I'll have to dust ours off and try Tara's Bisquick suggestion, Kylie will be happy.

tabo said...

I just loved my Easy Bake Oven. It was the perfect POW camp for Cobra Commander. ;-)