Sunday, November 05, 2006

Happy Halloween! I have to admit that just like some certain friends that we know(I won't name names), we didn't carve our pumpkins until Monday night. In our defense, we did have our pumpkins already. Courtney and Dave weren't big fans of cleaning the pumpkins out. As usual, it fell on Candace to do it. Dave did a great job of drawing and carving the faces. Courtney stuck her hand in one time and had to quickly wash her hands. That didn't stop her from thinking she was helping. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's house for dinner and treat-or-treated with cousins, Brayden and Lauryn. It got pretty cold once the sun went down, but at least it wasn't snowing on us.
Courtney is still trying to figure out the whole dressing herself thing. She came running up to me like this saying, "I can't do it mom." She was happy though and lets me help her when she knows she can't.
On Halloween, we went to a pumpkin patch/corn maze with some friends from the ward. It was a lot of fun. We ended up staying for over two hours. Courtney's favorite part was the huge Tigger blow up and just had to get a picture with one of her favorite characters.

2 comments:

Dan said...

She makes a cute pink elf...

foreveryoung said...

What a cute bunny! Cute AND warm, you had the right idea. Thanks for not blowing our cover with the pumpkins, ha! ha! Ours were rotten after 4 days, so it's a good thing we didn't do it any earlier! I totally loved the picture of Courtney getting dressed, it made me laugh! Just you wait....atleast she lets you help pick her outfit, let me tell you how fun it is to convince a 4 year old that wearing shorts with a long sleeved striped shirt and a shorth sleeved flower shirt on top just isn't the style. It was also fun to see pictures of Lauren, I haven't seen her since she was like 2. Anyways, this is a really long "comment", but I loved your post! Oh, why did you guys go to Texas? That picture of Courtney by the water is awesome. Okay, I promise I'm done.